BIOWORKS® utilizes several different process technologies to achieve it´s goal of efficient and state of the art waste water treatment.
The type of technology which is chosen is dependent on several factors, typically such as land restrictions, ground conditions, influent and effluent regulations and last but not least the specific requirements and needs of the client.
BIOWORKS® has exhaustive experience with the most applicable treatment technologies. For each of the following process technologies, BIOWORKS® can offer full design and supply.
- Mechanical treatment, screening, sand and grease removal
- Extended aeration process in large volume activated sludge basins (preferably earth basins with HDPE lining) and integrated clarifier – the BIOWORKS® process. Enhanced N and P removal can be implemented
- Aerated lagoon systems, either traditional or high performance aerated lagoons
- Sequential batch reactor (SBR) systems
- Membrane bioreactor (MBR) systems
- Sludge dewatering and handling
- Tertiary treatment and disinfection
- Retrofit with highly efficient fine bubble aeration systems