BIOWORKS® can offer full design and supply of SBR (sequential batch reactor) systems. SBR systems distinguish themselves from conventional treatment by eliminating the secondary clarifier and instead operating in a “fill, aerate, settle, draw” cycle. SBR systems are in particular well suited for high strength industrial waste water and if a reduced footprint is necessary because of land restrictions.
Key features of SBR treatment:
- Compact design, process steps by sequence “all one tank”
- No secondary clarifier necessary
- Operation by sequential fill & aerate / settle and emptying of two or more tanks
- Typically external aerobic waste sludge digestion or simultanous aerobic digestion
- Enhanced BNR (biological nutrient removal) possible
- Reduced footprint
BIOWORKS® has extensive experience regarding SBR systems, with capacities up to 60.000 m3/day.